Our menu this week was yummy and cute according to C! Here's what we had:
I got the idea for the Cucumber, Cream Cheese and Tomato Bites from Kara's Party Ideas. I didn't actually follow the recipe, it looks wonderful I just wanted to simplify the process a bit. Here's what I did:
- Peel stripes into cucumber and cut into thick slices (reserve a pieces from the peeled stripes)
- 3-4 T softened cream cheese with a dollop of plain yogurt mixed with garlic powder, chili powder and a dash of salt
- Top each cucumber slice with a dollop of cream cheese mixture
- Top that with half a cherry tomato
- Use pieces of cucumber peel as garnish
For the sandwiches I just cut the bread with a cookie cutter and topped with cream cheese, cucumber and tomato. To make the carrot flowers, I used these veggie cutters - they are only $1.68 and I use them all the time. C eats more veggies if they are presented in a pretty way! The stems are just celery sticks and celery leaves.
The recipe for the Lemon Blueberry Scones can be found at Baking Bites. Mine didn't turn out flaky like hers but they were yummy!
Does your family have any special traditions? I'd love to hear about them in the comments below!
Thanks so much for visiting Joy Focused Learning!
This post is linked up at: