C loves to read long chapter books with me and she really loves the Narnia series. So when I asked her to pick a topic for our next unit study, she chose The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. Over the next few weeks we will be digging in to this book and adding to the fun with activities and assignments that connect with what we are reading. When I started my plans for this unit, I headed to Google of course to see what was already out there and I found some great resources. I gathered up my favorites for you to save you time if you plan on having a unit on this fun book this year!
Lapbooks for The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- Homeschool Share has a free lapbook, we will likely use at least a few of the printables from this lapbook during our study.
- Walking By the Way made a few more printables to supplement the Homeschool Share Lapbook.
- I found this great lapbook on Teachers Pay Teachers. It is $5.75 but it looks like it has some great elements including pieces about making connections, story elements, 5 Ws and cause & effect.
- Confessions of a Homeschooler has cheaper paid lapbook option. In addition to the lapbook pieces, the download includes forms for a story timeline, a book report, predicting story plots and more. It is only $2.99!
Crafts for The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- Baby Loving Mama has a cute straw flute craft that could be fun for when Lucy meets Mr. Tumnus.
- J & O Fabrics has a cute no sew lion pillow craft. C will love this!
- This adorable no sew cape will really add to the pretend play.
Miscellaneous Activities and Printables
- Creekside Learning has a fun idea for creating a Narnia scene to re-enact scenes from the story. She also shares some additional ideas on the bottom of the post.
- HomeScholar has a lot of information and lesson ideas.
- Schooling Memoirs shares their lesson plans for a The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe unit study. There are some great ideas for each chapter here!
- Hello Kids has some great Narnia coloring pages.
Thank you so much for visiting Joy Focused Learning!